This concept is perhaps the winning one, as it is strong, scalable and can use plenty of various raw material, even a mix of them, like concrete, wood, or galvanized steel.
We believe that using a spiral stairway as a “building” core is a good approach to keep maintenance people in safe conditions without having to climb under hazard. The vertical beams are bringing the require strength and under windy condition they stay aligned with the attached stairs. They could be re-enforced with circular beams in 90 degres position.
The stair shape will create a vertical vortex which can lower over pressure conditions at the central mast that has a cylindrical shape under heavy winds.
We still have a lot of work to validate this concept, but with a top platform where we can stick the POD, amplifiers and Antennas we might have a very efficient solution regarding radio, as everything will be closed to each other. The ratio is 3m diameter for 24m height about 1/8, which is in the range of skycrapers.
What we like:
- Based on repetitive building blocks that can be produced locally
- Can be assembled using various raw materials depending on availability and local cost
- Should be cost effective due to the building block approach and material choice
What we dislike:
- Assembly time could be long
- The structure might be heavy
- Foundation could be a challenge
We need your feedback on this concept, we believe into it, and will start running mechanical design and structural validation during the week-end ! Feel free to ping usby