RuggedPOD firmware and software
A new API on the way
Original RuggedPOD firmware implements a subset of Microsoft ReStAPI Management interface provided to the Open Compute Project community. Unfortunatly this interface raised some naming coherency concerned and we decided to end of life it, and go for a cleaner implementation with potential extensions like:
- Blade Operating System deployment with PXE boot and a fully automated process
- Software provisioning with plugable backend as to deploy applications on top of O/S
- Users and permissions management through industry standard technologies
- Multipods environment management
- Monitoring functions extentions.
A technology standpoint
We use and design an automatic build process from a debian jessie release as to simplify and unify build process.
The remote management API is implemented using Python API based on the Flask microframework. Web UI is based on RactiveJS, Bootstrap and Socket.io (used for serial remote console).
The multi Pod management infrastructure is an ongoing work, which aims to create a consolidated solution to end users which have to manage hundreds of POD through a single command interface. It will rely on a web Proxy API and share a single user database accross the global infrastructure.